Introducing the next generation of single-use SciLog Sensors from Parker Hannifin
3/09/2018 9:32 am
One of the highlights of the 2018 Interphex BioProcessing event held in NYC was the unveiling of Parker Hannifin’s next generation single-use SciLog Sensors.
The highly popular pre-calibrated and gamma stable range includes temperature (SCITEMP), conductivity (SCICON) and pressure (SCIPRES) sensors with a range of barb and sanitary fittings to suit most assemblies.
You can see the new colour-coded range in the above video, which also highlights the new product’s key features:
- Improved Accuracy— the new generation of sensors is now accurate to:
- SciPres: ±.30psi
- SciTemp: ±0.5°C
- SciCon: ±0.25mS at high range and ±3µS at low range
- Pre-programming/pre-calibration — each sensors comes ready to use straight out of the box.
- Unique ID barcoding — Ideal for traceability and data documentation when paired with the SciLog SciDoc software.
- 5 different connection types — to fit a variety of tubing, including Luer, 3/8” barb, ½” barb, ¾”sanitary, and 1.0” sanitary.
- 16 pin connectors — allowing instantaneous connection with the monitors.
Experience the advantages of single-use systems
Parker’s new generation of SciLog Sensors have been driven by the industry wide shift towards single-use systems within the bioprocessing and pharmaceutical markets.
As the transition to single-use systems continues, improved products and familiarity by operators with product ranges will decrease production costs for bioprocessing. Why? Because they streamline validation requirements, significantly reduce cleaning between batches, and provide the flexibility to produce multiple product lines simultaneously.
Between Parker’s new generation of SciLog Sensors and CPC's new large format genderless AseptiQuik range, Interphex 2018 was certainly the place to discover cutting edge new product lines from trusted brands. If you haven’t already read our take on this year’s Interphex event click here.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Parker’s new range of single-use SciLog Sensors and how they can be applied to your application, the team at VFV are well equipped to assist you — from validation right through to ongoing production.
Contact us today to talk about how we can help you incorporate single-use technologies into your manufacturing process. Or if you’ve already made the change, let us know how we can help streamline your processes even further by giving us a call on +61 3 9873 1400.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in